Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Marcela 9 Years old

Feb 16, 2015
South East
The ROM of her right hip is incredible... In the last video her hips are completely open to the pitcher and her foot is still pointing to the other batters box lol.... It may take her a while to figure herself out because there isn’t anything limiting her movements JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The ROM of her right hip is incredible... In the last video her hips are completely open to the pitcher and her foot is still pointing to the other batters box lol.... It may take her a while to figure herself out because there isn’t anything limiting her movements JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a bigger thing than many people realize. Young and flexible bodies don't feel tension/resistance the same way older people do, which makes teaching some movements patterns more challenging. In trying to limit the big movements, athleticism can get squashed out.

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
On a different topic....turn your phone sideways when you take video ;)
That was my wife..you actually think I get that close to the game? I think she usually does but if you had the sound on you can hear what she was dealing with..if I go and tell her she didn't do it correctly what do you think will happen to me since her husband was out in RF enjoying the peace and quiet :rolleyes:

Last edited:

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
It may take her a while to figure herself out because there isn’t anything limiting her movements JMO.
Straightjacket maybe... although that would probably benefit her father more tbh 😂

With regards to her not releasing her back foot has always done that..some days more than others.

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
This is a bigger thing than many people realize. Young and flexible bodies don't feel tension/resistance the same way older people do, which makes teaching some movements patterns more challenging. In trying to limit the big movements, athleticism can get squashed out.
Agree but being able to perform a certain movement pattern and being able to repeat a movement pattern which you have shown you can do, are not exactly the same thing.

Last edited:

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
Looking at the last few swings posted, other than the timing issue, I like her swing in post #175. It isn't perfect but if I could get her to that point consistently it would be something to work with. Unfortunately I have no idea what we did to get her to that point or what we did after that to get her the point she was last weekend..nothing I have been telling her has changed ....LOL!! #scratchingmyhead

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Agree but being able to perform a certain movement pattern and being able to repeat a movement pattern which you have shown you can do, are not exactly the same thing.
Yep. Just because you have shown you can do it doesn't mean you can do it under stress. Do you ever have Marcela take try swings in front of a mirror?

pattar

Clueless..
Jun 8, 2016
Swing from tonight. Bat speed seems to take a hit when she doesn't level...looks really slow through the zone here. Might be that she is concentrating so much on not dropping the barrel that she forgets to use her hands correctly or that she doesn't know how to use them correctly when the bat isn't level..no idea but it looks like the bat is moving through molasses. Pushing her hands back instead of using her back, lower half still a mess, 1 year old DS still doesn't like the swing and Dad needs a whiskey even though he doesn't drink..other than that everything is going swimmingly.. 😂

Edit: and yes DW took a vertical video again..I mentioned it to her after she took it and I got a dirty look so I will be leaving that alone for a while...#chooseyourbattles

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenb