Live Stream Plunge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 6, 2019
Do you recall if the venue was using the AGL camera? Looking at their demo videos it looks like there is an option to use a GoPro.

Two things I'm very curious about:
1. How well AGL plays with GoPro
2. If we use the AGL camera, can we get a wide enough angle and I'd also like see video quality from their camera.

I played around with the scoring app and it was very buggy/cumbersome. I chalk that up to 50% being a brand new app and just about everything new fits into that category (buggy/cumbersome). The other 50% being a new app that I have to learn to navigate through.

Through direct contact with AGL, I was able to confirm that you CANNOT use a GoPro with AGL. It used to be supported, but it no longer is, and AGL has not updated its demo to show this. The AGL camera does give a wide enough angle to capture the whole field.

Feb 7, 2016
Found this on YT:

Looks like the camera angle wasn't able to get 1st and 3rd in frame. Also looks like the fence is in the frame as well.

Dec 6, 2019
Yes, that isn't with the AGL camera. That looks like it's just a phone. The AGL camera has a little bit of a fish eye effect like a go pro.

Jul 21, 2012
Do you recall if the venue was using the AGL camera? Looking at their demo videos it looks like there is an option to use a GoPro.

Two things I'm very curious about:
1. How well AGL plays with GoPro
2. If we use the AGL camera, can we get a wide enough angle and I'd also like see video quality from their camera.

I played around with the scoring app and it was very buggy/cumbersome. I chalk that up to 50% being a brand new app and just about everything new fits into that category (buggy/cumbersome). The other 50% being a new app that I have to learn to navigate through.
They did use AGL cameras, but it was set up by tournament staff not by the AGL staff. We got ours after we got home and played with it some. You can zoom in for a better view, which will be helpful. My husband was able to mount it to our Link Spyder and he feels it will be a more stable set up that what came with the camera. We are going to test it out at the field later today.

Nov 5, 2014
Through direct contact with AGL, I was able to confirm that you CANNOT use a GoPro with AGL.
That is 100% correct but I would also add this is not limited to GoPro cameras. AGL is not compatible with any dedicated cameras (Mevo, etc..). You MUST use an Android or IOS device(Phone or Tablet) The AGL camera is really an Android Tablet. We have been testing ours out and The angle works well and quality seems to be pretty good so far. Figuring out the best setup for placement and attachment is a little challenging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478