Little kid glove recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 8, 2019
Im involved with 6-8 year old division of LL Softball and its been a long time since i looked at gloves for this age group. Can anyone offer recommendations as to what works and what doesnt?
LL where i live is akin to Rec ball. I have been telling parents to get someting soft and piable that she is comfortable with, expect to spend arounsd $35 and dont expect to get more than 1 or 2 seasons out of it.

Thank you!

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Don’t even know if Wilson still makes it, but they had a small glove with a big pocket to easily handle a softball. It was called a MonstaWeb, 11.5”. DD had one when she started. Think it was $25 new 12 years ago.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Don’t even know if Wilson still makes it, but they had a small glove with a big pocket to easily handle a softball. It was called a MonstaWeb, 11.5”. DD had one when she started. Think it was $25 new 12 years ago.

They are now discontinued, but several on eBay. There are some bigger MonstaWebs on their too.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Anything made of real leather, that closes easily, and is an appropriate size (probably 11"-11.5", and not bigger than 12" for a larger kid) will do just fine. Brand is not a significant concern, nor is long-term durability.

Sep 20, 2017
Bradley Ball Gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 26, 2018
Mizuno's are a good cheap starter glove, my DD used them when she played rec and was growing every year

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
I'm the biggest fan of Bradley gloves that you'll find but I don't think it is an appropriate recommendation for 6-8 year old rec players. I'd seriously look at steering the parents towards [MENTION=12317]#7sDad[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16257]fuzzy2651[/MENTION]'s suggestion of Mizuno at that age. Both of my kids had a lot of success with their gloves in that price range, until they started playing above the rec level. They are very easy to close, leather, and fit their hands well.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm the biggest fan of Bradley gloves that you'll find but I don't think it is an appropriate recommendation for 6-8 year old rec players. I'd seriously look at steering the parents towards [MENTION=12317]#7sDad[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16257]fuzzy2651[/MENTION]'s suggestion of Mizuno at that age. Both of my kids had a lot of success with their gloves in that price range, until they started playing above the rec level. They are very easy to close, leather, and fit their hands well.

Is that a Mizuno Prospect Power Close in your avatar? Kinda looks like one but not 100% sure?:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariafermin279