Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yeah, I got that this thread is full of them......
Haha. I believe Alberts path is right to the Hall of Fame! LOL.

Here’s a stat for you. Albert strikes out 11% of the time. As opposed to AJ who strikes out 41% of the time!

Once again you speak of things you don’t comprehend. You never answered my questions. Do you know what swing path is? How about inside the ball? That’s what I thought. 🤫

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Josh's looks almost exactly like what he is saying. In the demo he put a ball up at almost chest height. To demonstrate. But then went on to explain he uses "shoulder plain" or posture to adjust to pitch height.

Linked to :24 where he is at exactly where he said you should be.

Explain to me what you see he is doing differently than what he is saying.

MD: ‘So josh you never load your hands down or back, you are real loosey goosey
with your hands’ ..
JD: ‘yeah I don’t want to pull down, then my barrel gets messed up’.
As well as : JD ‘ I never want to think about my hands going towards the baseball 🤔

Both things he ‘doesnt do’ are present.

Point being your EXPECTING these guys to break down their ENTIRE swing in a 5 min demo and not miss one thing. Albert was asked how he has stood the ‘en Vogue’ terms and teachings all these years. He even referenced ‘inside the ball’ because guys were overbaking it at the time.

Like I said these guys are on another level. Fundamentals are rock solid. They always skip over the details.

If I gave you a road map to the city I’m in but didn’t tell which address I’m at. Would it take you longer to find me? Would you probably need a few more tools to complete the mission?

Alberts demo is telling you which city you should go to. But you will need a few more tools to get to your destination.

How anyone could question a HOF is beyond belief to me. It’s not his demo that lacks.. it’s the viewers comprehension.
Not a dig. Just real talk.

Oh yeah Eddie Van Halen couldn’t read music. But he could sure tell you what he was doing. Right?

Nov 16, 2017
with your hands’ ..
As well as : JD ‘ I never want to think about my hands going towards the baseball 🤔

Both things he ‘doesnt do’ are present.

Point being your EXPECTING these guys to break down their ENTIRE swing in a 5 min demo and not miss one thing. Albert was asked how he has stood the ‘en Vogue’ terms and teachings all these years. He even referenced ‘inside the ball’ because guys were overbaking it at the time.

Like I said these guys are on another level. Fundamentals are rock solid. They always skip over the details.

If I gave you a road map to the city I’m in but didn’t tell which address I’m at. Would it take you longer to find me? Would you probably need a few more tools to complete the mission?

Alberts demo is telling you which city you should go to. But you will need a few more tools to get to your destination.

How anyone could question a HOF is beyond belief to me. It’s not his demo that lacks.. it’s the viewers comprehension.
Not a dig. Just real talk.

Oh yeah Eddie Van Halen couldn’t read music. But he could sure tell you what he was doing. Right?

"How anyone could question a HOF is beyond belief to me."

I get it. You are the "physic to the stars" version of baseball\softball. We aren't really seeing what we are seeing. It is you who can interpret and divine what these hall of famers are saying.

JDs whole video is basically an overt and specific challenge to exactly what AP is saying.

Funny thing is you got JD's video all wrong

"As well as : JD ‘ I never want to think about my hands going towards the baseball 🤔"

Exactly right!!!! Hands should go towards the pitcher not the ball. The ball is away from the body. If you fire your hands to the ball you get disconnected.

with your hands’ ..

He is not talking about when his barrel gets vertical on the negative move into the hips. He is referring to his hands not doing the separation or scap load. His bat never gets tipped out during this phase, just as he says.

It is a strange talent you have. You can make sense of nonsense and make nonsense out of sense.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
"How anyone could question a HOF is beyond belief to me."

I get it. You are the "physic to the stars" version of baseball\softball. We aren't really seeing what we are seeing. It is you who can interpret and divine what these hall of famers are saying.

JDs whole video is basically an overt and specific challenge to exactly what AP is saying.

Funny thing is you got JD's video all wrong

"As well as : JD ‘ I never want to think about my hands going towards the baseball 🤔"

Exactly right!!!! Hands should go towards the pitcher not the ball. The ball is away from the body. If you fire your hands to the ball you get disconnected.

with your hands’ ..

He is not talking about when his barrel gets vertical on the negative move into the hips. He is referring to his hands not doing the separation or scap load. His bat never gets tipped out during this phase, just as he says.

It is a strange talent you have. You can make sense of nonsense and make nonsense out of sense.
I mean really? Hands go towards the pitcher?outside pitch will show towards the ball. Geez man. Stop wasting our time, Trying to twist words. They are inside on a direct line! How do you ignore that? He doesn’t turn his shoulders and leave the bat there!! Not even close to his ‘demo’ . Oh Josh how you mislead us...

Josh just wants to tell us one thing while he does another right? Wasn’t that your explanation? He’s misleading us? He doesn’t want us to know???

It is you who make up things in your mind to suit your lazy habits of believing what you hear so you won’t have to figure anything out. 🦜

Carry on man. You don’t want to learn, you got it all figured out.

Nov 16, 2017
I mean really? Hands go towards the pitcher?outside pitch will show towards the ball. Geez man. Stop wasting our time, Trying to twist words. They are inside on a direct line! How do you ignore that? He doesn’t turn his shoulders and leave the bat there!! Not even close to his ‘demo’ . Oh Josh how you mislead us...

Josh just wants to tell us one thing while he does another right? Wasn’t that your explanation? He’s misleading us? He doesn’t want us to know???

It is you who make up things in your mind to suit your lazy habits of believing what you hear so you won’t have to figure anything out. 🦜

Carry on man. You don’t want to learn, you got it all figured out.

I am not trying to twist your words. But this position Donaldson is talking about has been known for well before he started talking about it. This is video published to youtube in 2013. Yes knob to the pitcher not knob to the ball.

My first take was AP was talking about something he just does and is relating a feeling not actual mechanics. It was only after you said he knows exactly what he is doing that (which I disagree with) that I said then only other options is he must be purposely misleading (which I don't believe). Why do you think when people like me see the AP video and go WTH, we are just lazy? We haven't put the effort into interpreting such good advise, I mean it HAS to be good advise just because well he is a HOF player, so there is no possible way his advise could be wrong.

I am sorry but knob to the ball and knob to the pitcher are 2 different things.

And because you said I am not trying to learn, please explain to me how what AP said is helpful instruction to my batting students. Right now I just tell them he is relating a feeling not actually what he is doing. You say to them......?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I am not trying to twist your words. But this position Donaldson is talking about has been known for well before he started talking about it. This is video published to youtube in 2013. Yes knob to the pitcher not knob to the ball.

My first take was AP was talking about something he just does and is relating a feeling not actual mechanics. It was only after you said he knows exactly what he is doing that (which I disagree with) that I said then only other options is he must be purposely misleading (which I don't believe). Why do you think when people like me see the AP video and go WTH, we are just lazy? We haven't put the effort into interpreting such good advise, I mean it HAS to be good advise just because well he is a HOF player, so there is no possible way his advise could be wrong.

I am sorry but knob to the ball and knob to the pitcher are 2 different things.

And because you said I am not trying to learn, please explain to me how what AP said is helpful instruction to my batting students. Right now I just tell them he is relating a feeling not actually what he is doing. You say to them......?

Ok. Knob to the pitcher Isn’t sound advice. The outside part of the zone wouldn’t be able to be covered. It’s knob in the direction of the balls perceived location to release the barrel. Not knob all the way to the ball.
On an outside pitch the barrel is released earlier but later in the sequence. On an inside pitch the barrel is released later but earlier in the sequence.

If you look at Alberts demo... he brings the knob down to release the barrel into the ball. Forget about the ball on the tee. It’s just like golf. Knob down and towards without breaking your wrists too soon.

Pretty similar no?

Here’s Mookie. One of my favorites. Look when he flashes the knob. Same time the catcher flashes the leather. That’s how long he can wait. Adjustability and time.

Miggy adjusting to a high pitch

Get on a tee. Do the Ryan Braun demo. Learning how to cock/uncock your Hands. Hammering down on the ball is the feel or swinging an axe. Swing the axe out towards the tree.(outside pitch)Now swing axe more on a direct line towards the pitcher(inside pitch) That’s out and in. Which releases sooner/later? That’s the swing. Simple.

Learning how to adjust your hands mid pitch is what I see all the greats do. It lets them not guess. But actually react. This is something that is developed and learn like any other skill,( music, martial arts, culinary arts etc) over time it can be mastered.

I totally get why so many think ‘turn the barrel’ is the biz. It’s fast. It gets barrel to the ball. But it’s just not adjustable enough imo. (FP don’t at me 😀).

What some see as turn the barrel is scap retraction or as I put it the ‘hand load’. What’s actually happening is the scap has sent the stored energy to the hands to be used through the bat.

Look before/after the scap retracts. When does the barrel turn? Sooo to me that is a reaction to the kinetic chain . Not an action. My kid will perform a ‘scap retract’ during practice swings before she steps in the box. But she doesn’t turn a barrel actively. All reactionary.

Long post. My apologies for fluff and and typos. Tired.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Haha. I believe Alberts path is right to the Hall of Fame! LOL.

Here’s a stat for you. Albert strikes out 11% of the time. As opposed to AJ who strikes out 41% of the time!

Once again you speak of things you don’t comprehend. You never answered my questions. Do you know what swing path is? How about inside the ball? That’s what I thought. 🤫

That's a huge difference, 11% to 41%. That's why in the past I've asked who their basing their mechanics off of in the swing. A .220 20 to 40 hr hitter or a .300 hitter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802