Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
When your on one leg waiting how does one adjust? If you had prepared for fast and are preparing to put the foot down and swing for that speed. How in the world do you adjust to Offspeed? Since the swing weights the front foot. Right? Do you delay the foot going down? Pull the hands back more? Stay posted up on that 1 leg? Can’t do that cuz you prepared for fast. So many questions so little answers.
I think you are intentionally misunderstanding.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I think you are intentionally misunderstanding.

‘Shift and swing’ ‘the swing weights the foot’ ‘swing from 1 leg’. These are all mantra correct?

I have stated ‘it’s fast’ but NOT ADJUSTABLE. The problem is it’s not a race. It’s about adjustments. Does this not match AJs woes? He cannot hit 2 speeds on 1 pitch. Because what he swings with is also his engine correct?

If I had to control my cars adjustments to speeds with only the gas pedal of my car how many accidents would I get in?

Instead of telling I’m the villain, please tell how you walk out Fast and adjust to Off speed. Aka Forward yet back.

May 3, 2014
If it takes a shorter time to get the barrel from point A to point B then you can wait longer to launch which means you can get a better read on the pitch.

I don't think you are a villain at all. I just think you are purposely not trying to understand what has been posted in this and other threads. You keep asking for answers when they have been given over and over.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If it takes a shorter time to get the barrel from point A to point B then you can wait longer to launch which means you can get a better read on the pitch.

I don't think you are a villain at all. I just think you are purposely not trying to understand what has been posted in this and other threads. You keep asking for answers when they have been given over and over.

We went over this. It’s fast. Vroom vroom. 🚗 💨 It’s not adjustable.

See post #337 and #356. Please reconcile these. If you can. Unless you don’t agree with the ‘swing is the shift’ or the ‘swing weights the foot’ or ‘shift and swing’.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
see post #327
So you slow down your foot hitting the ground? Oh k. So it’s see it with your eyes and adjust. So we dont get the foot down early for fast. We read and put the foot down when the eyes/brain say so? Correct? Talk to Pattar. He doesn’t think so.

So it’s read the pitch the entire time right. Doesn’t really match what Trout says. But what does he know right?

Once again your words and video are not a match to what the pros say they do. Sorry. You didn’t uncover the 9th wonder of the world. THIS IS TMs MAiN RuLe RIGHT??? MaTcH video.
AJs numbers say so. Strikes out almost half the time. His/nobodys eyes can do what your saying. Unless it’s a ‘hanger’. Like I told you before.

Ps. Might work at the level you coach. You never told me what level you coach? Care to share?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
So you slow down your foot hitting the ground? Oh k. So it’s see it with your eyes and adjust. So we dont get the foot down early for fast. We read and put the foot down when the eyes/brain say so? Correct? Talk to Pattar. He doesn’t think so.

So it’s read the pitch the entire time right. Doesn’t really match what Trout says. But what does he know right?

Once again your words and video are not a match to what the pros say they do. Sorry. You didn’t uncover the 9th wonder of the world. THIS IS TMs MAiN RuLe RIGHT??? MaTcH video.
AJs numbers say so. Strikes out almost half the time. His/nobodys eyes can do what your saying. Unless it’s a ‘hanger’. Like I told you before.

Ps. Might work at the level you coach. You never told me what level you coach? Care to share?

Ok, I'm curious now. If it's not "read the pitch the entire time", what is the other option? Close your eyes and pray? I doubt that is what Trout does...

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Ok, I'm curious now. If it's not "read the pitch the entire time", what is the other option? Close your eyes and pray? I doubt that is what Trout does...

‘Always sittin fastball and just adjust to the offspeed’.

Can’t do that if the foot and swing are married. ‘The swing puts the foot down’ nonsense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802