It's 2019 and some schools still don't have softball teams.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

J.Galt

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Kinda bummed about Pepperdine. Just spoke to an admin a week or so ago. No softball in the future for them.

USC has no room, however with offsite setups could work out ok. Just have to find somewhere.

There is room at Expo Park for USC to put a softball facility
Or
The soccer and lacrosse teams can play at the new soccer stadium at Expo Park and USC can convert McAllister Field (which is also off campus) in to a softball field.

UCLA plays football games at the Rose Bowl, 26 miles from campus. They also play baseball at Jackie Robinson field which isn't on UCLA campus either.

Another So Cal school I don't understand not having softball is UCI. UCI is the top school in Orange County, the same Orange County that Batbusters and Firecrackers as well as PGF calls home.

IDT may be in Boulder but PGF is in Irvine and UC Irvine doesn't have a team.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Off topic a bit, but last summer we were talking to a family at a tournament. The parents were bragging about how great their daughter was. Typical... 6 pitches and throws a legit 68 mph (15 year old...). I was watching her pitch, so I knew none of this was true, but I was able to prevent myself from laughing. Then the dad said "and she was offered a full ride by West Virginia!!". Took everything I had not to reply "you know they don't have a softball team, right?"

"Oh, did I say 'West Virginia'? I meant East Virginia. Yeah, that's the ticket."

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Ever been to Boulder? It is 35 square miles surrounded by reality. Not much of what happens there makes much sense.

The only thing that made sense was Whole Foods setting up easy access to go food on the back side of the store facing the East Mapleton complex during the IDT tourney.

Apr 28, 2014
Been watching Flo this week. Division III schools. Watched a girl today walk 4 runs in during one inning. Couldn't throw a strike to save her life. Maybe fewer teams are better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802