Index finger padding?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
DD catches with her index finger outside of the mitt and she has been complaining about the finger taking a beating. Has anyone ever ran across this issue and what did you do to resolve it? My first thought is to glue some type of padding onto the glove just not sure what would work well? She isn’t a fan of wearing under gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is she a catcher or position player?

Feb 16, 2015
South East
I used silicone gel heel pad material. For 10 bucks I got 2 pair, cut one down, jammed it into the index finger slot. So far it feels fine.

She put a piece of PORON XRD padding and glued it with some DAP contact cement. Colored the padding in with a black permanent marker. She said she can hardly feel the ball hit now.
dc18b342c203ff4c65932b3972b12550.jpg

Apr 28, 2019
Catcher.....

I just saw pic. I know you said she doesn’t like under gloves but Allstar makes a glove especially for catchers with extra padding in certain areas. $20. Is that a Mizuno Samurai 34.5 mitt or one of their Classic mitts?

Feb 16, 2015
South East
I just saw pic. I know you said she doesn’t like under gloves but Allstar makes a glove especially for catchers with extra padding in certain areas. $20. Is that a Mizuno Samurai 34.5 mitt or one of their Classic mitts?

The .org she plays with requires Mizuno. It is a 34”

Mizuno Samurai Fastpitch Series: GXS31TG

Apr 28, 2019
The .org she plays with requires Mizuno. It is a 34”

Mizuno Samurai Fastpitch Series: GXS31TG

For $190 I would expect plenty of padding. Not a fan of Mizuno. I looked at the Samurai 34.5 for one of my daughters but went with the White/Black Liberty Advanced instead. We had a Easton Synergy as a starter glove but was only a 33”. Good little glove plenty of padding. We upgraded to what I read was the best glove for the money Mizuno Franchise 34”. Broke in quickly but not much padding. Girls won’t use it probably wind-up giving it away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee