In game fatigue.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
What part of the pitching motion shows fatigue 1st and thus causes a break in form/mechanics?

This is a general question that is just looking for a general answer, so that parents and coaches can have a better eye on there pitchers.

Long time lurker and thank you for the wealth of information already on this site.

Nov 8, 2018
What part of the pitching motion shows fatigue 1st and thus causes a break in form/mechanics?

This is a general question that is just looking for a general answer, so that parents and coaches can have a better eye on there pitchers.

Long time lurker and thank you for the wealth of information already on this site.

Depending on the strength of the pitcher and their conditioning I may have to say mentally. As their concentration goes so goes the strike zone. I’ll notice my DD lose the strike zone then get it back. That doesn’t seem physical but more mental.
Also I’m not sure how fatigued a true IR pitchers arm gets. They are not truly using it to push the ball. In this case the legs would tire first. From a physical standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my daughter it shows when she dtops getting into her load as well as at the beginning of the game. She then tries to muscle the ball and it tends to be up in the zone when that happens. When she realizes and focuses on it her drive becomes better and the ball goes back down in the zone where it should be.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mar 20, 2015
Radar them as the game progresses. Usually their velocity will level out in the second inning as their arm becomes loose. When they tire you will see the velocity go down a few mph. If its down consistently 3 mph then its time to call it a day before they struggle and possibly risk injury. IMO Of course you should monitor pitch count, game timing and warm ups as well.

With dd her core wears out first not getting hips through results in loss of strike zone a lot of inside to rh batter. Once she is aware it’s an easy fix until she is done. When she can no longer get hips through she is done. However the only soreness she gets is in drive glute.

Apr 28, 2014
With 1:20 max travel games most pitchers are used to pitching 4 maybe 5 innings at most.
In HS the games are a full 7 innings.
And we know what Geno says:
https://youtu.be/ADm16HA4C3I

Gotta get the pitchers hitting the weights and running.. sprints

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018
With 1:20 max travel games most pitchers are used to pitching 4 maybe 5 innings at most.
In HS the games are a full 7 innings.
And we know what Geno says:
https://youtu.be/ADm16HA4C3I

Gotta get the pitchers hitting the weights a running.. sprints

Middle school is a full 7 as well.
DD has her first 7 inning game last week and I was quietly surprised she hung in there all 7. She was sore as heck for 3 days but she was fit enough to go 7. She had lapses of mental concentration and form suffered too by the end.

Apr 28, 2014
Middle school is a full 7 as well.
DD has her first 7 inning game last week and I was quietly surprised she hung in there all 7. She was sore as heck for 3 days but she was fit enough to go 7. She had lapses of mental concentration and form suffered too by the end.

It will come with time.
We were told by DDs pitching coach that if she didnt run and lift that once 7 inning games start it would show.

Jan 28, 2017
College program ride bikes like crazy. Trying to avoid knee issues. My DD has some spinal cord issues and I'm worried about weights. She's about to be 13 and we are doing Tincher stuff

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018
College program ride bikes like crazy. Trying to avoid knee issues. My DD has some spinal cord issues and I'm worried about weights. She's about to be 13 and we are dining Tincher stuff

Light weights high reps is effective and less pressure on the spine. Obviously explosive movements could effect the spine and although very effective I would start light and slow. Build strength then see where you can go from there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101