Ideas for a Charlie Hustle award?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 9, 2017
Anyone with ideas on how to reward team members for going above and beyond with a "Charlie Hustle" type of award?
Our team has played below expectations to this point, and often some of our players seem defeated before we even play. I'm toying with the idea of coming up with some rotating award/prize to give to players who show extra heart and hustle. Anyone have a great idea?

May 29, 2015
Ice cream. Always ice cream. ;)

What about helmet decals? The “gold stars” (whatever form they take with you) seem to be a popular way to have an ongoing recognition system.

Oct 4, 2018
I went to etsy.com and got a custom-made bat with the team logo/colors and some info about the team. Team name, Head coach name, etc.

We call it the "hustle bat" and award it each week. When a girl is awarded the bat we all cheer and immediately give her a Sharpie to sign the bat with her name and number. They bring it home for the week. As you can imagine, lots of proud parents posting Facebook photos of happy and proud girls.

At the end of the season we'll put it in the team gym with our trophies and such.

sjw62000

just cleaning the dugout
Sep 1, 2018
North Carolina
uncdrew, I feel it only responsible to let you know I am going to adopt your idea this year for All-Stars. Pass it around through out practices, let everyone sign it, and then when season is over, let the girls vote on MVP and give the bat away as trophy. Great idea and I promise to reference you and DFP during presentation.

Oct 4, 2018
uncdrew, I feel it only responsible to let you know I am going to adopt your idea this year for All-Stars. Pass it around through out practices, let everyone sign it, and then when season is over, let the girls vote on MVP and give the bat away as trophy. Great idea and I promise to reference you and DFP during presentation.

Hah. No need at all. Please present it as your idea if you like.

It's a wood bat. I didn't say that but y'all probably assumed correctly. Here's the link. Took me quite a while to track down this vendor that was the right combination of price and quality for my needs:

May 10, 2019
Anyone with ideas on how to reward team members for going above and beyond with a "Charlie Hustle" type of award?
Our team has played below expectations to this point, and often some of our players seem defeated before we even play. I'm toying with the idea of coming up with some rotating award/prize to give to players who show extra heart and hustle. Anyone have a great idea?

We have an honor called the "Shut Up" play. Those plays that are so amzing that you scream "Shut Up" that was awesome. We have a crown and we take a picture and their picture goes on our instagram page. Check it out @njgatorsmurphy My athletes love it. We go as far as to highlight players on the other team on our page. Those are called "Growing the Game Shut Up plays. Maybe you can use something like that. Additionally, if your reading this please follow our instagram page @njgatorsmurphy I have a challenge to obtain follows for my athletes, they would love to meet the challenge. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802