Help me help her

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_ppihrrNIxB1usf292o1_250.gif

tumblr_ppihq3XHtm1usf292o1_250.gif

I won't bore you with 'all back, all forward'.....Knob to the ball jumps out at me.....
Learn to...Turn the barrel forward towards the ball or the 'latest soup du jour phrase' that the kids refer to TTB....

Apr 4, 2019
Florida
See that's why I came on here we've been all.over east coast playing and I love every bit of it but I'm about as dumb with technical side of sport as I am technology. No idea what TTB means and I can't ask her she'd freak on me if she knew I was even doing this. I have 4 daughters and she's by far the fire ball of bunch. rd bass that last one you posted saying hands below the ball is about how most of her at bats end up this year. Almost every ab I see her do same thing atleast once. Most go foul but it's irritating cause it's never been a issue and I don't know how to help her

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
See that's why I came on here we've been all.over east coast playing and I love every bit of it but I'm about as dumb with technical side of sport as I am technology. No idea what TTB means and I can't ask her she'd freak on me if she knew I was even doing this. I have 4 daughters and she's by far the fire ball of bunch. rd bass that last one you posted saying hands below the ball is about how most of her at bats end up this year. Almost every ab I see her do same thing atleast once. Most go foul but it's irritating cause it's never been a issue and I don't know how to help her

She is a bit out of order. This happens quite a bit to kids that are looking for more power. They try to ‘manufacture’ it which causes different flaws. It appears she is creating a longer swing than what is needed. She PULLS BACK with her hands. Hard to recover from this. Her bat wraps around her head during her negative move. The angle of the bat can get closer during the forward move. It’s a pretty simple fix. Keep her negative move the same, JUST make sure her hands stay relaxed almost limp until her body calls on her hands. During her forward move. It’s called casting if you wanted to know the flaw. Otherwise known as bat wrap.

https://youtu.be/PaSboLWHjmI

Notice his bat ‘wraps’ during his forward move, not the negative move.
The rest of the swing should be fine.

Post something after you fix this. Rest of the swing isn’t bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee