Hating this HS season so far for multiple reasons.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Some of these coaches at the high school level kill me. Some have a authority complex I think. Look I’ll be the first one to thank someone for volunteering their time. Not every coach does it honorably. Our high school season was a disaster, even for the starting 9 that was never, ever changed. I mean would it kill a coach to use some bench players when you are up in a game and the final score was 17-2? Would it kill you to maybe let your other pitcher/catcher get some innings? How about your IF? OF?Coach, do you even know that some of your starters really don’t care and talk about not returning next year and some even have already quit tournament ball and are not playing this summer? Kids ordering and receiving food during the game and nothing happens. Kids skipping practice and nothing happens. Meanwhile you have benched kids that work hard and are dying to play. Kids that play tournament ball and thrive there but you never even give them a chance to prove themselves in practice or challenge for a position. You never even talk to them or really watch them in practice, oh wait because even if there is a practice it’s half attended or it’s just some hitting. You have a hitter on the bench that you gave up on too fast when she was clearly in a slump after switching schools and adjusting to the new team. Now she’s lucky to have one to two AB’s every two weeks. How can a girl (who hit .700 in school last year and .500 in tournament ball with an .800 slugging percentage) work out of a slump when you shut her down? You can’t work out of a slump with no at bats. Thank God TB starts soon. Rant over. 17-2 and no one comes off the bench. Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not my DD's team, but an opposing team in her district has a coach just like this. They have 4 pitchers on the team, but she rides one pitcher the entire season not giving her a break in blow out games. Wouldn't make a little sense to get those other pitchers in the game to eat up some innings? if things get out of hand, you can always re enter the pitcher to lock it down. Do you have to run rule the lesser teams in 3 innings? You know that you are going to win. Why not extend the game to get the bench players some reps? How about getting those pitchers in the game so they can get some experience for next year?? Fast forward to the playoffs. The #1 pitcher is exhausted because she pitches every game and every inning, and they lose out in the second round to a team they should have beaten. This team had 37 Hr's on the season and couldn't pull it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28