Grrr.. Marucci FX Connect 31/20 outer shell delamination

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Personally, if it's the off season and she's swinging wood, she doesn't need anything else. ;)

I agree for the most part but she is 9 and she does get tired swinging a 28 oz bat after about 30 swings or so. Not sure what I am going to do
yet.

Jun 8, 2016
Usually 10-14 days for turnaround....never dealt with a broken Marucci so cant guarantee their time.

Good bat, but there are other 2 piece bats you can grab for that. I know some retro stealths are out there cheap or Makos are dirt cheap.

Gotcha. Thanks!!

Apr 16, 2013
I agree for the most part but she is 9 and she does get tired swinging a 28 oz bat after about 30 swings or so. Not sure what I am going to do
yet.

Keep swinging. She'll grow stronger quickly. Add 10 swings every workout till you get to 100. Then when she starts the pre-season training, buy her a drop 10 and it will feel like a feather to her. Swing 10 with the wood, 10 with the new bat until the season starts. Then watch her crush the ball. My DD was the same age as yours when I started her with over under training. By the time she was 11 she was swinging a drop 3 100% of the time. Not trying to say she's special, it was all in the training and belief she could. Trust me, so can your girl, I've seen her swing a bat in the swing threads. :)

Dec 5, 2017
Changing subjects slightly, not sure how long it is going to take for the replacement to come back so I was
looking from cheap bats on Ebay for winter BP in addition to her swinging her wood. Any opinion on the Silohouette? I realize it is a 1 piece bat
so it will feel different, but if I can get it for under $100 is it worth it?

If you get her a Silouhette, she might not want the Marucci anymore 😁. I just picked up a Demarini Bustos for $40 to use over the winter. The place we are practicing is usually pretty cold and dd borrowed a Bustos last fall during a tourney that never got out of the 30’s all day. Never complained about stinging her hands and it had good pop.

Jun 8, 2016
If you get her a Silouhette, she might not want the Marucci anymore ��. I just picked up a Demarini Bustos for $40 to use over the winter. The place we are practicing is usually pretty cold and dd borrowed a Bustos last fall during a tourney that never got out of the 30’s all day. Never complained about stinging her hands and it had good pop.

Put a $62 bid on a 2015 31" drop 10 used Mako on E-bay. We'll see how it goes. Now that she is getting older, and hitting the ball harder, she probably needs to use her game bat less in BP anyway, and we take a lot
of BP, so I figure it would be worth having a "beater" on hand regardless.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Also have to remember, when its colder...balls go further...so some bats may hit better than they really do...haha.

I think you did well Pattar, cant go wrong with an older Mako...complete tanks and do get pretty decent when you
put thousands of hits on it. I always tell people to keep a bat like this around for bp. A cheapie bat you dont care about that
can handle a beating.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Put a $62 bid on a 2015 31" drop 10 used Mako on E-bay. We'll see how it goes. Now that she is getting older, and hitting the ball harder, she probably needs to use her game bat less in BP anyway, and we take a lot
of BP, so I figure it would be worth having a "beater" on hand regardless.
15 Mako was the first NIW bat my DD ever had and I won it on an auction. Take it from the dad of a kid that has literally swung every Easton composite FP bat since the SCX24B, put 500 “daddy swings” on it before she hits it. It will do wonders for the feel to her for you to soften it up some. Unless you just want her to hate it, lol!

Jun 8, 2016
15 Mako was the first NIW bat my DD ever had and I won it on an auction. Take it from the dad of a kid that has literally swung every Easton composite FP bat since the SCX24B, put 500 “daddy swings” on it before she hits it. It will do wonders for the feel to her for you to soften it up some. Unless you just want her to hate it, lol!

It is used so we will see how well broken in it is. Plus she usually hits a bucket with her wood first so any composite after that feels
wonderful anyway ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28