GoPro Hero 7

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Any issues with temp for Mevo Plus. I want to get Mevo or Hero7, but I’m worried about temp for Mevo, and stability of Hero7 while filming.

I already bought the LynkSpyder, so I’m ready to go.
Have not had temp issues with either (I also keep wifi off on the GoPro). But the 7 still has lockup problems. If you keep the internal battery (even when using external) topped off, it seems to run better.

Mevo Plus (don't know about the regular) runs great. Just a delicate flower. We've taken the occasional shot and it has survived. But it makes me pucker every time.

Feb 15, 2017
Have not had temp issues with either (I also keep wifi off on the GoPro). But the 7 still has lockup problems. If you keep the internal battery (even when using external) topped off, it seems to run better.

Glad I am not the only one with this problem. Have tried everything including different cards, battery pack, etc and I would agree with Josh - mine runs best when internal battery is full and also reducing to 30fps from 60. Absolutely no rhyme or reason to it and almost always get a ‘corruption error’ when putting my card in a PC, which windows “repairs” without any issues. Just sucks to pay that much for something that sometimes only records minutes at a time.

Sep 23, 2018

Mevo Plus (don't know about the regular) runs great. Just a delicate flower. We've taken the occasional shot and it has survived. But it makes me pucker every time.

Ok, thanks. The Mevo site says it operates up to 77degrees F. Starting in a few weeks we won’t play any games that low. And we will be in 90-100 most of time.

May 1, 2019
Hey does anyone know how to mute while recording? I have a gopro 7 black and love the video quality but I'd like to not hear all the jibber jabber frfrofrfrom parents in the stands. How do I mute the background noise I cant figure it out. Please help

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Hey does anyone know how to mute while recording? I have a gopro 7 black and love the video quality but I'd like to not hear all the jibber jabber frfrofrfrom parents in the stands. How do I mute the background noise I cant figure it out. Please help
Disclaimer: A farm engineered/janky solution is about to ensue...

To my knowledge, the microphones cannot be turned off on the GoPro cameras. One solution some folks have tried is just put electrical tape over the microphones (I would be concerned about possible heat buildup with this solution).

Another possible solution (here comes the janky) would be to use one of those USB adapters that adds a microphone jack. Plug a pair of headphones into it and it should block out the audio.

But when we process our video, we just drop off the audio before uploading or sharing.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego

Thats why music is cool to have. As long as its tasteful. I just mute the audio in post production. Its amazing what you hear in the audio though.

Dec 27, 2014
We recently started using a Hero 7 Black for our games. Videos look really good. But, it shut down in the middle of a few games that were played in our 87 degree heat wave last weekend. :) Night game it was fine. Is everyone turning WiFi off as suggested?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802