GoPro Hero 7

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
A couple of years ago we started to record our travel games with the GoPro and really looked into live streaming the games, it was not economically feasible at the time to get a hotspot or wifi access to remote fields. So we stopped.

Now that it has become reasonable to use Mifi, we are wanting to live streaming our college games. I am looking into what is the best service to do so (facebook, YouTube, etc.). A couple of years ago when I recorded travel games at Hall of Fame Stadium in OK and then uploaded to YouTube, I got a couple of YouTube Copyright strikes against my account because of the music in between the innings.

Just trying to be pro-active and not get banged during a live broadcast.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
A couple of years ago we started to record our travel games with the GoPro and really looked into live streaming the games, it was not economically feasible at the time to get a hotspot or wifi access to remote fields. So we stopped.

Now that it has become reasonable to use Mifi, we are wanting to live streaming our college games. I am looking into what is the best service to do so (facebook, YouTube, etc.). A couple of years ago when I recorded travel games at Hall of Fame Stadium in OK and then uploaded to YouTube, I got a couple of YouTube Copyright strikes against my account because of the music in between the innings.

So how does MIFI work? Please tell me more

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Just picked up the Hero7 for DD's birthday. Justified the cost because during winter she will use for snowboarding videos and summer it's mine. So her birthday present was half mine!;)

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
So how does MIFI work? Please tell me more

MiFi is a hotspot.

To answer the original question above, I don't personally feel the streaming for the HERO7 is a viable solution. There are just too many problems. If cost is not an option, the Mevo Plus is the best small camera solution. But it is pricey; about $500. This option will let you stream and record at the same time. If you want to save a few bucks, livestreaming to FaceBook or YouTube from your smartphone is about the best option you can get.

For security and quality of video, I find that YouTube does a better job than Facebook. But FaceBook seems to be the best option for sharing videos.

Jan 7, 2013

AthletesGoLive.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 21, 2016
I am so ready for games to get going so I can record again. I really caught the recording bug last season after I stopped coaching. I have the Hero 5 with the Lynkspyer which really works great, but I suffered through last season with a really slow laptop for processing the video. It was almost thrown against the wall about a 100 times. But tax $ just came in and I"m getting a new lap top. I'm going with the Intel Core 8th Generation i5-8250U Processor (Quad Core,1.60GHz,6MB Cache,15W) with 12 gigs of RAM if anyone has any thoughts on that setup for video editing.

Here is my DD fall highlight video from before her knee surgery in Aug. This was cut and put together on a very basic laptop with free video editing software, and lots of time and patience due to my laptop slowness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvRQjZt3KYQ

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
BTW,15661E93-D0AB-476A-95C6-AC266AC6A191.jpg I found another use for the lynkspyder bracket. It functions really well when traveling and you forget your bottle opener for your adult beverage while at the beach. LOL

Jan 31, 2015
I second this recommendation. We've been using the Mevo Pro w/ the LinkSpyder since the fall and live streaming via youtube mostly, although Facebook and Twitter is also an option.

The only annoying thing about the Mevo app is that it requires the app to be in the foreground of your phone to live stream which basically means you can't do anything else on your phone simultaneously, so my wife streams using her phone and then uses my daughter's phone to do anything else.

Other than that the only technical issues we've had is the limited bandwidth on the local cell towers at big tournaments that are out in the country. ;-)

Oh, and an unlimited data plans is a must! ;-)

Otherwise, Mevo Pro + LinkSpyder is the *best of the best*! ;-)

MiFi is a hotspot.

To answer the original question above, I don't personally feel the streaming for the HERO7 is a viable solution. There are just too many problems. If cost is not an option, the Mevo Plus is the best small camera solution. But it is pricey; about $500. This option will let you stream and record at the same time. If you want to save a few bucks, livestreaming to FaceBook or YouTube from your smartphone is about the best option you can get.

For security and quality of video, I find that YouTube does a better job than Facebook. But FaceBook seems to be the best option for sharing videos.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018
Any issues with temp for Mevo Plus. I want to get Mevo or Hero7, but I’m worried about temp for Mevo, and stability of Hero7 while filming.

I already bought the LynkSpyder, so I’m ready to go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28