From the eyes of a catcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
Regular season complete. From the eyes and thighs of a catcher . 1,734 pitches called, 1,594 received. That’s 37.6 squats on average per day of the season - not counting warmups and practice. Only 15 attempts to steal on her versus 128 on a league rival. Caught 129 Ks to lead the team in putouts.

On to Districts and travel ball!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I never put too much thought to how much we catchers put our bodies through as far as working out and stuff. I've also never thought about how many strikeouts I've caught, putouts I have and how many pitches I've received as well as called in games, warm-ups, and practices.

Jul 14, 2010
I never put too much thought to how much we catchers put our bodies through as far as working out and stuff. I've also never thought about how many strikeouts I've caught, putouts I have and how many pitches I've received as well as called in games, warm-ups, and practices.

That’s the great thing about catchers! It’s in your heart - you anchor your team and make your pitchers look good! Last year my DD hips were bothering her by mid season - PT helped her strengthen and heal and she hasn’t had a prob this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I see college catchers with iced knees all the time. It’s taking a toll by college. Take care of your younger catchers and don’t put all the work on one girl.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802