First time brag post for my DD slapper!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2019
Central Ohio
My DD switched to the left side at the end of November. She is second year 12U. Things finally clicked this weekend. She went from having almost "no" batting average to leading the team in hits and average this past weekend. She went 11-20 and had an average of 579 through 7 games (also had 1 HBP, 2 ROE, & 1 FC). She hasn't had a strike out in the last 12 games! She hit her first ever triple at the "A" level. She finally earned her spot in bracket play this past weekend and I couldn't be more proud of her. I hope her success continues at Lasers Nation this weekend.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019
Central Ohio
Awesome! Good for her to persevere. What do you think clicked? Just getting the at-bats? Something else?
Thank you! I gave some tourney video to her hitting coach before her lesson on Friday. Her coach worked with her on timing. Also needed to work on keeping her hands closer to her chest and standing upright a little bit more (Her knees were bent a bit too much). She also told her to get a better visual in her mind on where she wanted to hit the ball. I hope her improvement continues.

May 29, 2019
Keep up the good work. Don't let any ignorant coaches (there are a lot of them out there, especially in Ohio, ;)) try to dissuade her from continuing to be a slapper.

Apr 20, 2015
My DD switched to the left side at the end of November. She is second year 12U. Things finally clicked this weekend. She went from having almost "no" batting average to leading the team in hits and average this past weekend. She went 11-20 and had an average of 579 through 7 games (also had 1 HBP, 2 ROE, & 1 FC). She hasn't had a strike out in the last 12 games! She hit her first ever triple at the "A" level. She finally earned her spot in bracket play this past weekend and I couldn't be more proud of her. I hope her success continues at Lasers Nation this weekend.
What team are you on? We will be at laser nation as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mar 26, 2019
Central Ohio
Keep up the good work. Don't let any ignorant coaches (there are a lot of them out there, especially in Ohio, ;)) try to dissuade her from continuing to be a slapper.
Thank you. A lot of people on the outside think our coach is one of those coaches, but he isn't. He is very passionate and wants what's best for the girls. All of our coaches are very encouraging with her slapping. They knew it would take at least a season to get it figured out. Are you located in Ohio also?

May 29, 2019
Thank you. A lot of people on the outside think our coach is one of those coaches, but he isn't. He is very passionate and wants what's best for the girls. All of our coaches are very encouraging with her slapping. They knew it would take at least a season to get it figured out. Are you located in Ohio also?
Yeah, Northeast Ohio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802