Dropped Third Strike

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2019
I've got a good one for ya...
Bases loaded 2 strikes, 2 outs visitor up by one in the last inning, and the home team is batting.

Dropped 3rd strike... catcher scoops it up skip steps and fires it to first. The throw is really high and goes into right field. Two runs score and the crowd is going nuts!

The Umpire is standing between the plate and pitcher's circle with his fist raised making the out sign. He's been trying to get everyone's attention, but the crowd and home dugout went so wild that no one heard or noticed him.

It turns out that the catcher stepped on the plate while making the throw to first for a force out- Game over!

The catcher never knew she made the play & had no idea there was an easy force at the plate. She just dumbed her way into making the final out and preserving the win.

Funny stuff.

Catcher wanted that 4th out. that's all.

Jun 11, 2013
Bases loaded 2 strikes, 2 outs visitor up by one in the last inning, and the home team is batting.

Dropped 3rd strike... catcher scoops it up skip steps and fires it to first. The throw is really high and goes into right field. Two runs score and the crowd is going nuts!

The Umpire is standing between the plate and pitcher's circle with his fist raised making the out sign. He's been trying to get everyone's attention, but the crowd and home dugout went so wild that no one heard or noticed him.

It turns out that the catcher stepped on the plate while making the throw to first for a force out- Game over!

The catcher never knew she made the play & had no idea there was an easy force at the plate. She just dumbed her way into making the final out and preserving the win.

Funny stuff.
There must have been at least one fan from the other team arguing that because she didn't do it on purpose it wasn't an out :)

Apr 28, 2019

Funny stuff.
Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. I really don’t believe that but hey it worked out for you so what the hay!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478