DFP Instructor List

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Bump, and there are way more people/instructors on here that should add their name. If you don't want to add your DFP member name that's fine. If you are maybe not as seasoned as some of the posters here that's fine too.

Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
What criteria must be met before you are worthy of being a qualified instructor? Granted, I have not read this entire thread but there are a ton of "pitching coaches" out there that are totally ruining kids' chances of becoming a successful pitcher. I see it all the time in the area in which I live. I would hate for this instructor list to get out to the masses and not have qualified instructors to choose from. Basically, is the quality assurance involved with this list?

Aug 12, 2014
Buffalo, NY
[MENTION=7038]Boomers2012[/MENTION] "This list is not discriminatory. You don't have to be "certified" or the best. All this list says is that you follow dfp threads and you've read I/R in the Classroom, and drive mechanics, and hopefully more." The list does not mean you are a qualified instructor. All it means is that you have been on this forum. It doesn't mean that you understand I/R thoroughly. It probably means that you at least don't teach Hello Elbow and it can be a reference for others who come on here looking for someone who understands the difference in their area. I can hope that when Fastpitch Foundations launches that's where you can have a little more of a standard in qualified instructors. It just seems like every week someone posts on here..."Does anyone know an I/R instructor in this area?" And everyone always posts Tincher's link. I would like to think that some of of the posters on here understand it more than Tincher instructors. Some may not. You never know unless you test them out.

Aug 12, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Not sure about camps but the website should be launching very soon. I know they've said that before but they really mean it this time.