DD swing/ thoughts, comments, be nice!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I like a lot of what's happening in these swings for a young hitter. If this is translating to game swings, I'm guessing she does pretty well. How old is she?

One thing that jumps out at me is that it looks like she is not allowing the right elbow to work through, and it stays tucked against the torso. This is limiting her ability to work out from the rear shoulder, and pulls her hands left.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Josh drops his hands in this swing as well, so what the hell do I know.

watch

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I like a lot of what's happening in these swings for a young hitter. If this is translating to game swings, I'm guessing she does pretty well. How old is she?

One thing that jumps out at me is that it looks like she is not allowing the right elbow to work through, and it stays tucked against the torso. This is limiting her ability to work out from the rear shoulder, and pulls her hands left.

She is 11 yo. and small (75 lbs.)

I agree with you on the elbow not working thru. Her game swings are not quite as big but she does take a big cut. She has great eye hand coordination and very rarely Ks.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Her movements look good.. I would just keep pitching to her and mix in some off-speed to verify the sequence.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee