Complete arc

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Mankin always preached to supply energy over the entire arc. I think this clip is as good as any to show this happening.

giphy.gif

Aug 20, 2017
I like how the upper body is working rearward in this swing. So many girls let the upper body drift forward after foot plant causing the knob to work down and cutting across the ball

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I like how the upper body is working rearward in this swing. So many girls let the upper body drift forward after foot plant causing the knob to work down and cutting across the ball

Yeah, he has a deep hand pivot. Kids try to swing with the arms and hands, where in the Ortiz model the barrel is being turned from the start.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Mankin always preached to supply energy over the entire arc. I think this clip is as good as any to show this happening.

giphy.gif
If by 'energy' you mean 'force' then I would ask you this question:

There are two ways to slam a door.

ONE: Applying force into the door all the way to the jam.
TWO: Applying force quickly and suddenly and releasing the door long before it hits the jam.
The high level swing is OPTION TWO.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
If by 'energy' you mean 'force' then I would ask you this question:

There are two ways to slam a door.

ONE: Applying force into the door all the way to the jam.
TWO: Applying force quickly and suddenly and releasing the door long before it hits the jam.
The high level swing is OPTION TWO
I

I like that and might have to steal it.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

4:40 mark. The release is the ‘power’ portion of the swing. After the turn. Barrel release/launch late after weight shifts to the middle. As Gary demoed... As Sheffield said. ‘Hitting Begins HERE’... on 2 legs. Power begins after the turn. Not before.

The rhythmic different handsets that pros display is to just get them into a proper ‘hitting position’ on time. With hands that aren’t out of position/sequence before hand.(punny)

Sheffield spoke of loose hands. So they could connect to the ‘turn’ at the right time, and not activate too soon.

It can be that simple when teaching a player..most of the time not.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28