Biological Male Wins NCAA Women’s Track Championship

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
"Perfect is the enemy of good." Agreed. But what the naysayers are objecting to is not "good". You're condemning cherry-picking - which is not a reasonable accusation, given the small sample size of the entire trans-athlete population - and suggesting that "the science is right" because of "peer review", and then condescendingly throwing out the "you're anti-science" pejorative, despite the fact that the evolutionary differences in post-pubescent males and females was taught to us by science.
What science regarding transgendered athletes am I supposedly agreeing/disagreeing with....? Again, and for the last time, I WAS MAKING A COMMENT ABOUT SOMEBODY SAYING SCIENCE IS POLITICALLY DRIVEN. It had nothing to do with whatever supposed science you are talking about regarding the OT.

Biological males shouldn't be competing against biological females..I've said this 1000 times in this thread.

My goodness..

May 17, 2012
At one point scientists said the earth was flat. At one point scientists said the earth was entering and ice age. At one point scientists said that New York would be under water by the year 2000.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That is nonsense and just flat out wrong. We are all worse off for you posting that. Someone may come along and believe that gibberish and that would be sad.

Feb 15, 2017
That is nonsense and just flat out wrong. We are all worse off for you posting that. Someone may come along and believe that gibberish and that would be sad.
None of what I said is nonsense. At some point these statements were all the consensus of Science. My point being that just because there is a consensus doesn't mean that it is the truth or that is is an undisputed fact.

I would even argue that there is a lot of science that isn't settled.

We are all worse off when we don't question what is considered the consensus, it just makes us sheep of we don't.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
"Final point, because I've been too long-winded and gotten way off the topic of softball - we do not choose our biological sex, however, we do choose our gender identity. FAIR sporting competition ought to be based on the former, not the latter. That's science. "

I am biologically a man but I identify as a bisexual cheetah. Where do I get to play?

People have become sooooo open minded their brains fell out!

Jun 11, 2019
Genitals determine gender, that's why it's called gender. If it was determined by feelings it would be called feelder or something

Your emotions do not determine your gender anymore than they determine your age. So unless you're prepared to allow a 45 year old male, who identifies as a 15 year old male, take your 15 year old daughter out, stop letting 15 year old boys pretend to be girls and then smash the real girls in sports

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
None of what I said is nonsense. At some point these statements were all the consensus of Science. My point being that just because there is a consensus doesn't mean that it is the truth or that is is an undisputed fact.

I would even argue that there is a lot of science that isn't settled.

We are all worse off when we don't question what is considered the consensus, it just makes us sheep of we don't.

No. That is false. You are making completely baseless claims without any facts to back them up. And “I heard it on talk radio” or “someone said it on the internet” doesn’t qualify as proper backing.

Let’s look at the three claims you made:

1. Scientists said the earth was flat.

Completely false.

Scientists on at least four continents not only knew the earth was round, but knew the size of the earth. In the western tradition there were experiments done about 2500 years ago in Egypt and Greece which correctly measured the size of the earth.

Scientists in China, India and Meso-America were often more advanced than European scientists on matters of Astronomy. They knew the earth was round. I don’t know about South America.

2. Scientists predicted NYC would be under water by 2000.

Completely false.

I have read the literature on climate change for over 30 years. Nobody ever said that. Scientists did predict that a monster storm very much like Superstorm Sandy would hit NYC before 2030. They were correct.

3. Scientists said we are heading towards another ice age.

Mostly false.

Scientists found certain astronomical trends that correlate with the earth entering or leaving an ice age. Some scientists believe that, were it not for Anthropological Global Warming, the earth would be cooling.

A few scientists back in the 1960s noticed a cooling trend that continued into the early 1980s, which also corresponded to an increase in the amount of particulate matter from pollution. Particulate matter in the air is known to cool the earth. I did a small amount of research on that subject in the late 1990s.

A few scientists about 50 years ago speculated that the combination of astronomical trends and particular pollution could eventually lead to another ice age if not corrected. They did NOT say we were entering another ice age.

In fact, the Clean Air Act greatly reduced the amount of particulate pollution. That was a case where scientists said “X could possibly happen if we don’t clean up the air”. It was NOT a case where scientists said “X will happen no matter what, even if we pass the Clean Air Act”.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802