Basic arm-body synchronization

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
Is this photo clear enough?

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-04%20at%208.48.45%20AM_zpslcvoyzcn.png

Awesome pics!

Interesting to note Hawkins glove already down well ahead of her throwing arm at 9:00.
The 'ol "up together, down together" maybe not an "absolute" for her, anyway...

Most pitchers I observe, if the glove/ball arms aren't synched, the glove usually lags, not hastens...

Pretty hard to argue with that posture, and game face!

Last edited:
May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY

It's interesting to me, how most pitchers that "hop" all look about the same at this stage:
rear leg left behind
rear toe pointing to 3B or even behind
slight bend toward 3B at waist, butt slightly out toward 1B
swimming glove
90d plant foot

She is an awesome pitcher, however.
Loved watching her last Saturday vs Auburn.
Even gassed, she was a crafty and effective pitcher.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Looked all over and could not find one of her at 9, but this is definitely headed for palm up otherwise her cutter would not move the way it does.

Jake - Reduced.jpg

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
That's further down than 9 oclock or 3 oclock and that's probably a curve ball. The hand is more vertical at the 9/3 (righty to 3rd for pitches, such as riseball). And I have looked at multiple pictures (video is blurry or bad angle), often of the same pitcher, and the hand is at 3rd, not the sky. Many of the top PCs in the nation, say it is at 3rd (see RiBa video on this site) so let's stop this silly argument. To the sky is for spinning the ball. A 9 year old does not need to do it.

I'm curious why wouldn't you want them to spin the ball? Isn't that the heart and soul of fastpitch? Learn to spin the ball? If Palm to the sky gets the best spin wouldn't that be the ideal position to strive for? I know Rick Pauly says be careful with putting too much emphases on ball up at 9 but that's because he doesn't want girls jamming the elbow into their side to get there, not that it not optimal position. Just Becaus top PCs say it's to third doesn't really say much to me, because not to long ago these same top PCs where advocating behind the ball. They will come around eventually:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
That's further down than 9 oclock or 3 oclock and that's probably a curve ball. The hand is more vertical at the 9/3 (righty to 3rd for pitches, such as riseball). And I have looked at multiple pictures (video is blurry or bad angle), often of the same pitcher, and the hand is at 3rd, not the sky. Many of the top PCs in the nation, say it is at 3rd (see RiBa video on this site) so let's stop this silly argument. To the sky is for spinning the ball. A 9 year old does not need to do it.

It's not a curveball, screwball. It's a rise. I was there.

When you are a hammer everything looks like a nail. And when you are a screwball sitting out in left field every pitch looks like a curve ball. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802