Basic arm-body synchronization

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2021
We’ve just started our pitching journey, my daughter has been working with a coach for a few weeks. I like that walk through drill but I’m wondering if it’s too early since we’re still working on mechanics? When do you add drills like this in? Sorry if I sound like a dummy, I really am, ha ha! I have exactly zero knowledge about pitching/softball/etc. Here’s a recent clip of a practice pitch that made it into the strike zone, I know it’s not a side view so you can’t see much and there’s probably plenty to fix but she was so proud of herself. 😊

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
We’ve just started our pitching journey, my daughter has been working with a coach for a few weeks. I like that walk through drill but I’m wondering if it’s too early since we’re still working on mechanics? When do you add drills like this in? Sorry if I sound like a dummy, I really am, ha ha! I have exactly zero knowledge about pitching/softball/etc. Here’s a recent clip of a practice pitch that made it into the strike zone, I know it’s not a side view so you can’t see much and there’s probably plenty to fix but she was so proud of herself. 😊

From one dummy to another, just keep on keeping on. Learning with her is an extraordinary experience.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
For DD.....her PC had her doing the walking pitch from the beginning. And we still include it as part of her warm up routine. I’d suggest using it for your DD. But it has to be for a purpose. For my DD she uses it to get her stride feeling and balance. Then works her way up to make sure her sequence and timing is correct.

Being comfortable with the walking pitch is also good if she works with a balance beam at some point down the road. Underhand catch is another good way to warm up and work into a walking stride pitch.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
You can try it but if she doesn't get it don't push it. Sometimes adding in the extra walk-in step confuses them. I always have pitchers that young practice the move that I want without the ball. Without the ball they can focus on the move, when they can repeat it I add the ball.

Hoyer5060

Sometimes you win, sometime you learn.
May 2, 2021
I think she is doing it great. The best thing is her cheering at the end. She loves it, that´s the best - no one can teach this.
(y) Let her work, the pitching distance not to far away.(y)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802