Average Spin Rate

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2019
Does anyone have an average spin rate by age chart? I am having a hard time finding on online that is dated within the last few years.

Jul 14, 2018
Hi there, welcome to DFP.

You missed a pretty good discussion a few months ago with quite a few examples of different ages, speeds, and spin rates. You can find it here:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
A couple of problems:

The quest for being "average" always bothers me.

Average means that you are like everyone else. If you are a like everyone else, then you aren't particularly valuable.

If you throw a drop with "average" spin, then you don't have a very good drop....because everyone throws a drop with that amount of spin. To be really good, you need spin rates substantially above average.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
A couple of problems:

The quest for being "average" always bothers me.

Average means that you are like everyone else. If you are a like everyone else, then you aren't particularly valuable.

If you throw a drop with "average" spin, then you don't have a very good drop....because everyone throws a drop with that amount of spin. To be really good, you need spin rates substantially above average.
and to add to this, it's not just the spin rate but how perfect the spin is (12/6 perfect axis, no yaw).

Jul 22, 2015
It's reasonable to want to know the average in order to see where you stand. I don't think anyone here is aspiring to be average.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2