Any advice on DD swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
she hits a ton of hard hit balls to third base but either it goes foul or 3rd throws her out at first. Any info you could give on how to work on switching the load to the ground? Is there a metric on the blast sensor that will tell us if she’s improving on that? Thanks for the input :)

Djubs,

Is your DD a pitcher? As I am watching her swing, I see many of the basic "pitcher" related mechanics. There are a lot of similarities, but there are differences as well. I agree with [MENTION=1182]Eric[/MENTION]F and his analysis/suggestions. I would suggest the link below as a starting point.

In regards to the blast sensor, I would suggest being careful. Any single metric can be misleading if not used in conjunction with other metrics. But if you are looking for specific things to watch, I would suggest watching the 3d analysis of hand path and barrel path. I agree with [MENTION=2269]rdbass[/MENTION] that your DD's current barrel path is a little too steep, which IMO, is a result of her current hand path. If you can harness all that energy she is producing to send the hands towards the field instead of towards the ground, I think you will see some nice improvements. I have limited experience with the blast sensor, but I would also be interested in seeing the "Plane" measurements for your DD. If you focus on the items above, I believe the plane measurements will improve.

https://youtu.be/vLbpAoG_dgQ

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2016
Thank you all for the info. Always get a ton of info from this site. @FP26 yes, she does pitch. Interesting you notice that from her swing. Her primary position is short stop though. The video I originally posted had the tee as far down as it would go. I'm thinking that's why the bat path looks so angled. Here is another video with the tee set to where her perfect pitch would be. Also dropping her plane scores from her last session on the blast sensor. Thanks again for every ones input.

Mar 4, 2016
I also have some game swings from her last game. These are her last 4 at bats. I also have a throwing error in there that we were looking at as well. The last few videos just show her swing compared to the top hitters on our team to see if we could find a flaw.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28