Advice needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2016
Let me ask this question, how many like the lead arm finish in the original clip posted and the new clip of the at bat? This is a common issue in many swings so I was wondering how many like or dislike the lead arm function in these swings.
I know i dont. Too level and a bat path almost point down at extension. She claims it was a low pitch but it looks like she swung level and caught the ball just right. She has power for a 12u just very mechanical. Also helps that we had that pitcher throwin 57-59 on radar and she turned on it.

Mar 7, 2016
So we have been working on turn the barrel drills. front shoulder higher, turning her torso/hips and a U shaped swing but im starting to notice that she doesn't extend like she used to swinging like this. We have been focusing on not casting her hands and bat drag even using a J band (not seen in that video) along with a wall. Bat speed is higher and so is exit velocity. Trying to eliminate the squash the big but we still need to work on shifting the weight and her front leg landing. She has a tendency to step away from plate on her toe to toe transition and point her toe on landing. Appreciate the videos she really soaks them up and works daily on aspects of each video trying to bring it all together. Any advice/criticism is welcome on the last two videos.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
What I'm seeing is a strong kid with her athleticism being squeezed out. The upper rear arm getting pinned to her torso and staying there is an issue. The rear elbow should move down and through, allowing the swing to work out from the rear shoulder (towards the pitcher), not a quick left turn around the front of the body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802