Action Pose

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 23, 2013
Chicagoland
Bchbum54,

Daughter just got a Vinci JCV-22 catchers mitt to replace the Mizuno borrowed from the coaches daughter. So far it's a keeper.

Break in took a couple of weeks, a lot easier than the Vinci RV-1961-L which took 2 - 3 months!
Got both from casedawg51. A great guy to deal with and both gloves are awesome.

No Vinci action photos yet, but daughter like the shirt from casedawg51!

20140617_185331_CROPPED.jpg

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
That's a nice shirt. Im taking DD on vacation Monday, we're backpacking Catalina Island for 5 days so ill be gone all week. I'm really looking into picking up a Vinci mitt when I get back and recover from our trip. DD is going to be a returning 10U player but the mitt will be for her first season of 12U next Fall. I want to get it soon so DD can have plenty of time to break it in and gain confidence with it before she ever uses it in a game. Im weird like that. She is currently breaking in a new bat now for the last 4 months and it has yet to see some game time, lol

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I am noticing a large number of Mizuno Mitts. Eric where is the Vinci?

My DD had some challenges with being able to feel the ball in her Vinci JCV-22 because of the thickness of the palm padding, and she was dropping too many pitches because of it, so we made a switch to the Miz GXS92. The pitchers on her 10U Silver all-star team were not throwing much in the way of heat, so palm protection wasn't as critical. In the meantime, I continued to pound the heck out of the Vinci to soften it up more. She's back to using it now with the flame-throwers on her Fall "select" team.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
That's a nice shirt. Im taking DD on vacation Monday, we're backpacking Catalina Island for 5 days so ill be gone all week. I'm really looking into picking up a Vinci mitt when I get back and recover from our trip. DD is going to be a returning 10U player but the mitt will be for her first season of 12U next Fall. I want to get it soon so DD can have plenty of time to break it in and gain confidence with it before she ever uses it in a game. Im weird like that. She is currently breaking in a new bat now for the last 4 months and it has yet to see some game time, lol

You're taking a couple of gloves and a ball with you on your trip, right?

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
You're taking a couple of gloves and a ball with you on your trip, right?

Lol, I wish. DD will kill me if I would to pull out a glove and ball from my pack.

I get all excited when I start thinking of buying DD new gear so I checked Vinci website and instantly fell in love with the JCV-VM Bordeaux, Black and White: 33 inch. I just wonder if this would be overkill for a 10 year-old

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Lol, I wish. DD will kill me if I would to pull out a glove and ball from my pack.

I get all excited when I start thinking of buying DD new gear so I checked Vinci website and instantly fell in love with the JCV-VM Bordeaux, Black and White: 33 inch. I just wonder if this would be overkill for a 10 year-old

The VM gloves are heavier than the 22s. For some kids (like mine) glove weight can be an issue. Your DD is a pretty strong kid, though, so it might not be a problem.

Oct 23, 2013
Chicagoland
Bchbum54,

The JCV-VM would last her forever... it would also take forever to break in!
If I had more time I would have gotten the JCV-VM instead of the JCV-22.

Dec 19, 2012
This photo is about 6 years old. We were 12U. The story goes: Runner on 3rd; 1 out. Fly ball foul down the first base line. 2B catches the ball in foul territory about 10 feet foul and about 10 feet past first base. The runner on 3rd tags, the 2B spins and throws the ball home. The ball was thrown to the first base side of home plate. My dd catches the ball and spins back towards the field to apply the tag. Double play, game over, we won 5-4.

Jessfp1.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802