A2000 v Mizuno Franchise

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2016
I know the quality of these catchers mitts are COMPLETELY different, but what I really want to know is how the hand stalls differ. We don’t have anywhere local to try on a A2000 catchers mitt. Anyone have any experience with BOTH of these mitts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I know the franchise gloves are pretty soft and not bad for price. Price wise, maybe the Pro Select or Pro would be more comparable to an A2K or Mizuno Classic fp mitt.

Where is AD? ;)

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I know the franchise gloves are pretty soft and not bad for price. Price wise, maybe the Pro Select or Pro would be more comparable to an A2K

Where is AD? ;)
Yeah, I’m no help on this one, I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had my hand in a Wilson Fastpitch catchers mitt before?

I have thick medium sized hands.......when I first started this crazy journey I used to catch Anna with a Mizuno mitt, I had to shoehorn my hand in it, very small hand stall. That’s the mitt I gave to coach James, that mitt is still being used!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD has had 2 Mizuno mitts. She catches kids who throw 60+ and her index finger would get swollen like a hot dog after catcher since the Mizuno had little padding. She has had her Wilson mitt for nearly 2 years and she loves it! No Hot Dog fingers and pops the mitt!!!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
DD has had 2 Mizuno mitts. She catches kids who throw 60+ and her index finger would get swollen like a hot dog after catcher since the Mizuno had little padding. She has had her Wilson mitt for nearly 2 years and she loves it! No Hot Dog fingers and pops the mitt!!!
Yep, my Mizuno was very thin, the lack of padding and thinner leather reflects the price point compared to the preferred mitts everyone here loves.

Mar 17, 2011
Virginia
My DD used Mizuno mitts for years, but recently replaced with All-Star 33.5" mitt. She loves it and the pitchers love the sound the ball makes when she receives. Sorry, can't comment on Wilson...my DD likes the H-Web mitts and I don't believe Wilson makes a catchers mitt with an H-Web. Just putting out the All-Star mitt as another viable option. Great quality and not too bad break-in.

Mar 1, 2016

Is the hand stall the same size on that Wilson? DD has a relatively small hand and loves the Franchise mitt, but I want to get her a A2000 as a graduation gift since she’s starting college ball next year. I just don’t want to spend the money on it and have her hand moving around in it like a marble in a coffee can.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Is the hand stall the same size on that Wilson? DD has a relatively small hand and loves the Franchise mitt, but I want to get her a A2000 as a graduation gift since she’s starting college ball next year. I just don’t want to spend the money on it and have her hand moving around in it like a marble in a coffee can.

The Wilson should fit MD's hand just fine and it should serve her well in college. Btw congrats on her signing.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Be aware that the pocket on the Mizuno Franchise and A2000 are probably as far different as you will find. The Miz is a deep as you will find anywhere, and the A2000 is shallow. For some players, this is a difference that they really struggle with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog