14u dd’s swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_ps4u0yt9Qn1usf292o1_250.gif

Dad, don't go on a Snipe hunt.......
Post a front toss pitch before.........um.....you know.......

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Nothing wrong with that swing except the attack posture is off (head near/over the back hip, back shoulder lower then the front shoulder). The head should be positioned more over the front hip at the launch position. She is tilting backwards to soon. The back shoulder should be higher then the front shoulder at the launch position.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
View attachment 14251

This is at toe touch
1) The rear elbow is down (s/b up/flat) and the rear forearm is vertical (s/b flat)
2) the shoulders may be upside down (weird angle shot)

#1 is leading to some bad bat drag (hands behind the back elbow). Don't ever let the hands go behind the back elbow at any point.

Great things:
1) great inward coil as she goes
2) keeps the back heel on the ground to toe touch
3) strides with back leg
4) bat is pointed down toward the catcher
Most kids don't do these things right.

Practice dry strides to toe touch, in the mirror, and hold the inward coil just a fraction longer, then add on the flat rear forearm.

The rear elbow should be up and the rear forearm should be horizontal (level with the ground) at the launch position. HOWEVER, the elbow can be lower (pointing down) and back forearm can be vertical if the launch position in maintained. If she just maintains the position and doesn't try to swing to soon.

There is nothing wrong with the swing, as she shows it.

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks for all the tips so far.. I wish I was able to get some video today but I had to do the pitching at practice.. 😁 I will see if see can get some front toss with some whiffle balls this evening

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
the elbow can be lower (pointing down) and back forearm can be vertical if the launch position in maintained.

I'm not seeing that in good hitters today. Some of the old timers had a lower elbow, but the back forearm for everyone has always been mostly horizontal. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812