13yr old pitcher analysis any suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I appreciate your honesty but I haven’t been able to find a pc that doesn’t start off with wrist flips. This is why I’m coaching her. she is 3 rd kid 1st was catcher 2nd kid pitches now her. I’ve been coaching 19 years and I video and research everything. As for it’s going to be to hard for me to teach her a spin show me a pc that can teach a rise ball then slow motion video that rise and I want to see how much jump up it has. Almost every pitcher in CWS has bullet spin on riseball.
I simply asked for an evaluation of her pitching I don’t need any critique on my ability to accomplish a goal when you have never met me.

Apr 12, 2015
I simply asked for an evaluation of her pitching I don’t need any critique on my ability to accomplish a goal when you have never met me.

And you got one. Sluggers, who coached a daughter into D1 and djcarter1966, who knows what he is talking about, both recommended getting her to a coach.

I third that recommendation.

You can now chose to take that as a insult toward your coaching abilities or the advice of fellow coaches who have been where you currently are and have experience in the situation.

For what its worth, my DD goes to a coach who teaches the basic motion of HE. She doesn't mess with my DD's brush or arm whip. Instead they work on leg drive, FSR, and spins. The fact that the coach thinks wrist flips should be part of a warm up doesn't matter one bit. She isn't teaching my DD how to pitch, she is helping refine her.

I have zero doubt about my ability to coach a girl correctly and efficiently. That said, with a DD there is a father/DD dynamic that exists that is often detrimental to coaching.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018
Northwest Florida
She is an 06 just starting 14u. I realize she has pretty good form but when the only thing I am cueing is keep the ball straight. I feel lime Im missing the forest for the trees. Just wanted some different eyes looking for flaws. Thanks to everyone trying to help.

This is my first post so I'll keep it super simple! The cue we use for this is "knuckles up through the catcher." I wish I could take credit but I stole it from Florida Stat! But overall she looks good, kudos on all the hard work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802